Saturday, December 26, 2009

Recipe for your own face cream?

I am trying to make cream with the aloe vera plant I have. The recipe was


150ml emulsifying ointment


70ml glycerin


80 ml water


100ml aloe vera


put in bain marie (bowl with hot water under) for an hour strain


and put into sterilised bottle with lavender oil.





Trouble is I cant seem to get the emulsifying ointment


does anyone have a recipe where I can easily get the stuff or know of where I can get the ointment and glycerin in one online shop


thanksRecipe for your own face cream?
Saw the very thing last night on bbc 2 - a doctor making calendula cream from marigolds. She had the same recipe you do but no aloe vera, just two drops of lavender oil. Looking at the emulsifying ointment tub I think it came from Boots so you could try there.Recipe for your own face cream?
seek advice from herbalist
i have no idea
Talk to your pharmacist and they will be able to tell you which ointment is emulsifyable and can be used. He can also sell you glycerin. I have also seen it at pharmacies and even the dollar stores on occasion. A soap making web site will also have it. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment